The benefits of a well-crafted visual identity
A brand’s visual identity is the combination of all the graphic elements (logo, colours, typeface, shapes, patterns etc.) that allow people to identify it. It should be recognisable even when the logo isn’t in sight. A great visual identity is much more than just a logo. It’s a visual system that extends across all of your printed and digital media.
Its benefits are many:
- Notoriety – Your visual identity is easily recognizable on all your communication assets and boosts your brand image.
- Standing out – Your brand image differs from the competition and conveys your company’s values and personality.
- Credibility – A more professional visual identity suggests higher quality of services or products to customers, as well as a well-established business situation.
- Engagement – A strong visual identity rallies company employees and customers, and fosters a feeling of belonging around a shared ideal.
- Rationalisation – A clear visual identity helps optimize creation-related costs and harmonize your communication media.
The contents of our brand guidelines
To make things as practical as possible, all aspects of your visual identity are compiled into brand guidelines, a 30-40 page reference document detailing the usage and applications of your visual identity – from colour codes to layout directions.
The components of our brand guidelines
Logo(s) for sub-brands or similar
Colour palette / black & white
Guidelines for use
|Colours||Main colours and secondary colours|
Colours for infographics
|Typeface||Main typeface and secondary typeface|
Font settings (title, sub-title, text etc.)
System typeface (e-mail, PowerPoint)
Illustration direction (optional)
Visual editorial line (for website, brochures, etc.)
|Layout guidelines||Grid system for different formats|
Placing of logo, tagline, text and visual items
Cover page model
Content page model
Depending on the project’s needs
Ads (printed and digital)
Wrap for vehicle and stand
Profile and cover photos for social networks
Merchandising items (ex: bags, mugs, stickers)
Virtual conferencing background (Zoom, Teams, etc.)
Specific industry applications (ex: Do Not Disturb sign, shopping bag)
Our approach in numbers
Graphic designers specialising in brand identity
Photographers, illustrators and motion designers
Visual identities developed by Creative Supply since 2015
Contact point for the entire project
A proven creative process
Creating a visual identity is a key step in designing a brand, and it requires all stakeholders in the organization to align. For that reason, we developed a 5-step creative process able to factor in subjective viewpoints and company imperatives. You will be involved in each and every step of creation, from the graphic workshop through to the final delivery of the brand guidelines.
The brand design process
|Initial graphic research and design workshop||Development of 2 different directions for the visual identity||Graphic refinement of one direction and test prints||Creation of a reference document gathering all visual elements||Development of various brand supports (print and digital)|
|2-3 weeks||3 weeks||2-4 weeks||3 weeks||3-6 weeks|