The benefits of a well-crafted hotel concept
From space management to communication channels and service offerings, a hotel concept consolidates each and every aspect of the hotel experience into a coherent whole, centred around a unique story. A great hotel concept offers many advantages:
- Standing out – An establishment with a strong concept stands out more easily, and can even deter copiers with its well-integrated offering.
- Attractiveness – A hotel concept naturally attracts clients, media and partners through well-defined storytelling.
- Coherence – A hotel concept ensures overall coherence in the customer experience, from room equipment through to staff uniform design.
- Alignment – The hotel concept is the golden thread that helps all project stakeholders work in the same direction.
- Sustainability – A hotel concept is designed to evolve over time, without losing sight of its origins.
A 360 degree customer experience
At the project’s end, efforts invested in creating a hotel concept culminate into a reference document detailing the strategic and operational aspects of your concept.
The components of a hotel concept
|Story||The core concept that defines the hotel’s role and aspirations.|
|Space||Spatial mapping of the hotel, including zoning, customer flows and interior design.|
|Services||Facilities and services offered to guests before, during and after their stay.|
|People||All hotel stakeholders, from the owner to the staff and customers.|
|Identity||All the graphical, verbal and sensory signifiers associated with the hotel.|
|Content||Media and objects developed by the hotel to entertain or educate its clientele.|
|Channels||All points of contact, both physical and digital, between the hotel and its customers.|
A proven methodology, taught in schools
A multitude of factors must be considered when developing a hotel concept, including legal and architectural constraints, market conditions, the situation with competition, (ever-changing) customer expectations and the goals and aspirations of the hotel’s owners/managers. To rise up to the challenge, Creative Supply uses a unique method incorporating the commercial, operational and marketing aspects of a hotel. Our method is in fact taught at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne and the ESSEC Business School in Paris.
The hotel concept development process
|Information gathering, historical research and interviews||Development of two different directions for the story||Workshop on customer experience||Creation of a visual identity that brings the concept to life|
|2-3 weeks||2 weeks||2-3 weeks||4-5 weeks|